It’s that time of year where we get out the tennis rackets, crack open the bubbly, and my personal favourite, indulge ourselves on Strawberries and Cream until we’re fit to burst! It’s of course time for Wimbledon.
There are many of you out there whom are unable to fully indulge in the strawberries and cream fun but don’t worry we’ve got a recipe that lets you have even more chocolatey strawberry fun – Our very own Wimbledon Chocolate Strawberries!
Perfect for a Wimbledon party, a merry get together, or just an evening treat. They’re easy to make, suitable for the whole family and are super refreshing on those hot days.
To make our Wimbledon Chocolate Strawberries, you will need:
- 1 pack of strawberries (2 for a family of 4+)
- 1 Choc affair Chocolate bar (you can use any of our chocolate bar flavours for this. For these we used Orange & Geranium and they we’re delicious)
- 1 pot of edible baking decorations (there’s no limit to how many types of decorations you use.. we used 4)
Wimbledon Chocolate Strawberries Method
- In a microwave safe bowl, break your Choc affair chocolate into pieces ready for the microwave. Place the bowl in the microwave on a medium heat and melt the chocolate. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate every 15 – 20 seconds to prevent any burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted give it a good stir and make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper (his stops the chocolate getting everywhere). Top tip: using a blob of melted chocolate in the 4 corners of the baking tray keeps the baking paper flat, preventing it curling up and damaging your chocolate covered strawberries.
- Begin dipping your strawberries into the chocolate, holding them at the stem.
- Repeat this until all the strawberries are covered, (for extra chocolatey goodness, let the 1st layer of chocolate cool, then re-dip the strawberry into the chocolate mixture. Repeat until you’re satisfied).
- When applying decorations to the strawberries it’s best to do it when the chocolate is still wet. Do so by gently rolling the strawberry in the decorations. Place on tray, and pop in the fridge to cool the chocolate.
Remember, you can use any of our delicious chocolate bars to make these!