We love baking with our chocolate and so does our York’s Pig & Pastry! They’ve very kindly baked us a wonderful batch of Jaffa Cakes using our delicious Milk Orange Chocolate and also given us the recipe to share with you guys. Let’s get baking!
This lovely recipe Jaffa Cake makes 25 individual cakes, or if you’re feeling creative, one large Jaffa Cake (30 x 40cm)
The Jelly ingredients:
7 leaves of gelatine, soaked in a little cold water
600ml fresh orange juice & orange zest
150g caster sugar
How to make the jelly:
- Simmer the orange juice, orange zest and the caster sugar together in a pan.
- Next add the gelatine and pour the mixture into the muffin tin moulds. Place into the fridge to cool.
The Sponge ingredients:
- 6 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- zest of one orange
- 80g melted butter
How to make the sponge:
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c or gas mark 5.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together until the volume of the mixture doubles, then fold in the zest, flour and melted butter.
- Bake in the muffin tins for 15-20 minutes. Once golden, remove from oven and place in fridge to cool, allowing you to move onto the next step.
The Orange Syrup ingredients:
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbs of water
- 50g sugar
How to make the orange syrup:
- Simmer the juice, water and sugar together
- Drizzle the juice mixture over the cooled sponges.
The Ganache ingredients:
- 600ml double cream
- 2 tbsp cointreau
- 500g Milk Orange (5 Choc affair chocolate bars)
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 100g Dark chocolate (1 Choc affair chocolate bar for decoration)
To make the Ganche:
Melt the chocolate, cointreau, zest and half of the cream in a bowl over a pan of hot water
Add the yolks and sugar, then fold in the remaining cream (which has been slightly whipped).
Now create the cakes, pop the jelly on top of the sponge, cover in the ganache, allow to cool.
Melt your Dark Chocolate and drizzle over the top of your Jaffa Cakes. Leave to cool, serve and enjoy!