This divine Peach & Raspberry Roulade is for those with an enormous sweet tooth. It’s moist and rich texture complements the Peach & Raspberry chocolate, creating a flavour that can’t be beaten!
Peach & Raspberry Roulade ingredients:
- 6 Medium eggs separated
- 170g castor sugar
- 115g ground almonds
- 25g cornflour
- 160ml whipping / double cream
- 150g Choc Affair Peach & Raspberry chocolate (1 and half bars)
- One punnet of fresh raspberries
Peach & Raspberry Roulade method:
- Preheat oven 180 c / 160 f / Gas mark 4
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Separate the eggs and in a bowl. Get the egg whites and beat them until stiff peaks appear, then leave to one side.
- Pop the castor sugar and egg yolks into a bowl and beat using an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Next fold in the ground almonds and cornflour until well mixed, and then fold in the stiff egg whites you made earlier.
- Pour onto the lined oven tray and pop in the oven for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, until firm to touch and golden. Take it out of the oven, and let it cool.
- Whilst waiting for the tray to cool. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of castor sugar onto a large piece of baking paper. Once the sponge is cooled, quickly tip it over and onto the paper, so that the baking paper which was cooked with the sponge is now on top. Carefully peel away the baking paper, so the bottom of the sponge is lying face up towards you.
- Break up the peach and raspberry bar, and place in a bowl. Using a microwave on a medium heat, melt the chocolate until its smooth. And beat the whipping or double cream until it becomes stiff peaks.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the sponge, and then do the same with the fresh whipped cream on top of the melted chocolate, (sometimes you just need to press down the cream in sections, as it slides over the warm chocolate).
- Next sprinkle over fresh raspberries, this is the final ingredient to be added to the sponge.
- Now it’s time to roll it! Using the edge of the paper, roll the sponge over onto itself, creating the roulade, pop in the fridge and allow to set.
- Once set, cut the roulade into slices, and serve with whipped cream and extra fresh raspberries. Scrumptious.