What a stunning treat this one turned out to be! With it’s hard caramelised top, (which by the way makes the most amazing sound when cracked through with a spoon), and it’s delicious creamy mouse texture inside, our Lime & Lavender Crème Brûlée is just gorgeous! Traditionally flavoured with vanilla, we’ve knocked it up a notch with our Lime & Lavender chocolate, it’s the perfect dessert for all you floral lovers!
Lime & Lavender Crème Brûlée Ingredients
- 280ml double cream
- 90ml whole milk
- 50g caster sugar, plus extra for glazing
- 3 egg yolks
- 60g Choc Affair Lime & Lavender Chocolate
Lime & Lavender Crème Brûlée method
- Preheat the oven to 150C / gas mark 2 and gather your ingredients.
- Place the cream and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, and whisk until pale in colour.
- When the cream and milk boils, gradually pour it onto the egg mixture, whisking continually.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the mix, stirring gently until it is all melted, then pass it through a sieve into a jug.
- Place four ramekins into a deep baking tray, then carefully divide the mix between them. Pour hot water into the tray up to around 1/3 of the way up the ramekins.
- Place in the oven for about 25 mins until the mixture is just set. To check, carefully sway the tray – they should wobble slightly in the centre.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins before placing in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle each one with 2tsp sugar, and gently glaze with a blowtorch or under a hot grill until caramelised and golden. Allow the sugar to cool and harden for 5 mins before serving. Delicious!