This tropical twist on a true classic will undoubtedly warm up your day, with fruity hints of lemon, and white chocolate with mango. The best part is, this recipe is super quick and easy to make – perfect for weekend visitors or an afternoon treat!
Lemon, Mango & White Chocolate Scones
MAKES 8-10 // TIME: 30-40 MINUTES // EASY
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 55g Salted Butter
- 25g Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 150ml Milk
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Bar Mango White Chocolate
- 1 Free Range Egg
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour and salt together; then add in the butter, and rub together to create fine crumbs.
- Mix the sugar into the crumb mixture, and then add the milk and the juice of ½ a lemon and begin to combine. This will form a slightly wet dough – but don’t worry, this will be fine once we start to roll it out.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks, and add to the dough. Knead this in to ensure the chocolate is well dispersed.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to around 2cm thick. Using a medium-sized cutter, cut out the scones, and then repeat until all of the dough has been used. Place the scones onto the lined baking tray.
- Beat the egg and brush over the top of the scones – this gives a lovely golden finish!
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until well risen and beautifully golden.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with lemon curd and clotted cream (warm or cool)!
The Choc Affair Team x