Easter is certainly time for family, and how better to spend it than getting a bit messy in the kitchen and baking some delicious treats together? We have come up with an easy-peasy biscuit recipe that will leave you having lots of fun over the Easter weekend.
MAKES 20-25 // TIME: 30 MINUTES // EASY
- 250g Butter
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 Bar Peach & Raspberry White Chocolate
- 1 Bar White Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the butter (softened) and sugar to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla essence to the bowl and mix.
- Sift in the flour and mix to form a dough.
- Sprinkle a little flour onto a clean surface, and roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Use an Easter biscuit cutter to create your shapes!
- Place your biscuits onto the lined baking tray, and bake for 10-15 minutes. Once cooked, leave to cool whilst you prepare the decorations.
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces. Melt 75g of each chocolate bar into separate bowls; then add the remaining 25g of the chocolate and stir until melted. This helps to temper the chocolate so that it doesn’t melt as easily, and leaves a lovely, glossy finish.
- Once the biscuits are cooled, use a piping bag or spoon to decorate your biscuits with the chocolate. Ta dah!