This recipe was created when our designer, Lisa, needed a showstopper of a dessert for a gathering, but didn’t want to bake anything whilst she cooked the main meal! So; inspired by a ‘no-bake’ style, she created this gorgeous, gooey tart, with layers of flavour and absolutely no need for an oven! This chocolate tart recipe is ideal for wowing yours guests with ease.
Chocolate, Caramel & Nougat Tart
MAKES 1 TART// TIME: 45 MINUTES (+ 2 HOURS COOLING TIME) // EASY
For the crust:
- 400g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
- 80g Salted Butter (Melted)
For the Chocolate Tart Filling:
- 213g Marshmallow Fluff
- 1tbsp Malt Drink Powder
- 1tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 190g Salted Caramel Sauce
- 100g Milk Chocolate (chopped)
- 100g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 210ml Double Cream
- 3tbsp Liquid Glucose
- Pinch of Sea Salt Flakes
- To make this no bake chocolate tart, you need to first start by making the base. You will need a 23cm round flan tin; ideally with a pop out base. Add the chocolate digestives into a blender, and blend until a crumb forms. Pour in the melted butter, and blend again until completely combined.
- Take the blended mixture and add to the flan tin. Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture all the way to the edges; try and create a sort of crust by pushing the crumb up the sides. When ready, pop in the fridge to harden until you need it again.
- Next, you will need to make your nougat. Add the marshmallow fluff, cocoa powder and malt drink powder into a mixing bowl. Mix together until combined; the mixture will half in size as it loses air, and will become very gooey. Pour this into your flan tin on top of the crust, and smooth until it meets the edges.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the nougat to create another layer to your chocolate tart. Smooth to the edges, and then pop back in the fridge again.
- Add some water to a pan, and put on the hob to boil. Add the milk and dark chocolate, cream, and liquid glucose to a glass bowl. Place this bowl on top of the pan so that the steam from the water heats the mixture, like a bain marie. Make sure that the water doesn’t actually touch the bowl.
- Continue to stir the mixture until smooth, and all the chocolate has melted. When your chocolate ganache is ready, remove your tart from the fridge, and pour the ganache over the top. Finish by sprinkling some sea salt flakes on top (not too many), and then leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When your tart has set, just remove from the fridge and serve! Be careful – this is extra gooey (just the way we like it) – so you will definitely need some plates at the ready. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients…
Milk Chocolate Bar
This isn’t just a simple milk chocolate bar; it is indulgent, creamy, British chocolate that has been handcrafted into a beautiful bar of chocolate, just waiting for you to ‘snap’ a piece off with delight; a smile as each piece melts in your mouth.
Dark Chocolate Bar
Our luxurious classic dark chocolate bar has been handcrafted in our York kitchen, using 60% cocoa solids, and a hint of natural vanilla flavouring to enhance the beautifully, rich taste from the bar.