If you love to contrast your flavours, then this blondie recipe is the one for you! A beautiful combination of sweet, smooth white chocolate, and tart, fruity berries – these white chocolate blondies will take your breath away; especially when topped with a baked vanilla cheesecake!
Berry Cheesecake Blondies Recipe
MAKES 16 // TIME: 1 HOUR // EASY
For the blondie:
- 230g Plain Flour
- 170g Salted butter (Melted)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 200g Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 50g Blueberries
- 50g Raspberries
- 100g White Chocolate
For the berry compote:
- 60g Blueberries
- 60g Raspberries
- 3tsp Lemon Juice
- 30g Caster Sugar
For the baked vanilla cheesecake topping:
- ½ Egg (Beaten)
- 60g Cream Cheese
- 20g Salted Butter (Softened / at room temperature)
- 15g Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180 degrees c. Then, line a baking tray (average size of 27cm x 20cm x 4cm) in preparation for your blondie mix.
- The first thing we suggest making is the berry compote so that it has time to cool a little and thicken slightly. Add the blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and sugar to a pan. Allow to simmer on the hob for around 7 minutes. Continue to stir and aim for the fruit to become more jam-like.
- When ready, use a sieve to get rid of any bits/seeds; then leave to cool until later.
- Next, create the cheesecake mixture. Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and use an electric mixer to beat together. We suggest using butter that is softer to avoid any lumps at this stage! Leave to one side.
- You can now create your blondie mixture by adding the melted butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and stirring until nice and gooey. Then, add the eggs and beat until completely combined.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, and fold in until a lovely mixture is formed. Then you can add in the chopped white chocolate and remaining berries.
- Pour the blondie mixture into the lined baking tray. Then, pour your cheesecake in lines across the top of the blondie mixture. Follow by doing the same with the berry compote, and then use a knife or skewer to swirl the mixture around – trust us, it makes a huge difference at the end!
- Bake the blondie for 25-30 minutes, or until the top has set well. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool. Then, make sure your grab a slice quick before they are gone!
Get your ingredients…
White Chocolate Bar
Our handmade white chocolate bar is nothing short of delicious; smooth, creamy and perfect for those of you who find white chocolate too sickly. Our white chocolate offers a clean taste; free from that sickly experience that too much sugar can create.